Molecular biology; biogeochemistry
- Perform genetic material extractions for environmental samples
- DNA sequence preparation (extraction, PCR GEL, primer prep)
- Maintain inventory, prepare periodic reports and purchase requisitions
- Ability to undertake field-based work including supervision, monitoring and site sample collection and sample archiving
- Bachelor’s or MSc degree in Science or College degree in Laboratory molecular Techniques, or molecular biology degree
- Competent ability and experience in molecular biology, PCR, DNA/RNA extractions
- Ability and knowledge of basic statistical and/or bioinformatics programming (R, qiime, etc)
- Ability and a high-degree of skill and accuracy with low-volume and multichannel pipetting
- Ability to prepare a range of relevant figures and technical reports.
Please Contact Dr. Christopher G. Weisener, firstname.lastname@example.org; University of Windsor and attach:
(1) a cover letter outlining your research interests, career goals, relevant experience and why you are applying for this position;
(2) your CV;
(3) contact information for at least three professional references.